These instructions will provide step-by-step installation guidelines for installing the heavy duty Stainless Steel Handrail Wall Bracket Magnetar, HBWA.014, into sheetrock, wood, or drywall surfaces
This bracket comes with a round saddle adapter to attach to round tubing, a wall bracket screw, a countersunk bolt to attach the flat saddle, and 2x M5 screws to attach to a handrail
Brackets should be installed with a maximum distance of 4’
Wear protective ANSI approved safety glasses, working gloves and breathing mask at all times
1) Using a stud-finder, locate a stud and the vertical position on the wall that you wish to mount the bracket (this position averages 30” from the nose of the step depending on your code and comfort). Spot drill using 3/16” drill bit.
2) Begin with only the wall flange (#2) and wall bracket screw (#1), and thread the fine M8 side into the wall flange until finger tight
3) Drive the assembled screw and flange into the hole and secure the lag end of the stud using a 4mm allen wrench
4) Use the included countersunk bolt to attach the flat saddle to the vertical column; tighten with a 4mm allen wrench.
5) With the bolt exposed to the frontside, position the vertical column into the open square of the horizontal column and tighten the pointed head screw (#5 on diagram) using a 3mm allen wrench when the vertical column is at the desired height.
6) With the main assembly put together, slide the horizontal column onto the secured wall flange and tighten the pointed head screw with a 3mm allen wrench
Note: If using a round handrail, position the round saddle adapter on top of the flat saddle before attaching handrails
Refer to Tip Sheet - Installing Stainless Steel Handrails for further instructions
NOTE: A small amount of surface corrosion is not uncommon after some exposure to weather or salty conditions; we recommend using our passivation solution or a stainless steel polish to prevent surface corrosion; more information available on our Engineering Specs Page