Installing Glass Railing Systems
This document contains the comprehensive information for installing components of the Virginia or Chicago glass railing system: glass clamps and posts. This process requires at least two people to install safely.
Do not order glass before the installation of your
posts. The posts must be installed first to take the exact measurements for glass. Each glass clamp includes a recommended safety pin for the glass panels; using this pin will help prevent slippage. The recommended hole size is 7/16" (11mm) placed 1" (25.9mm) from the edge of the glass to the center of the hole.
• Wear protective ANSI approved safety glasses, working gloves and breathing mask at all times
• Inspect before installation or use; do not use if parts are loose or damaged
• Use for intended purposes only
• Beware of dynamic loading. Sudden jerks against load may briefly create excess load causing failure
Please ensure proper research is conducted prior to installation. It is the responsibility of Inline Design customers to comply with local, national, and international building codes. Inline Design will not be liable for ensuring that projects meet code requirements.
1) 6mm hex wrench
2) 4mm hex wrench
3) Inline Design glass clamps: square or round, with gaskets and accompanying accessories
1) Power drill
Part 1a/b: Installing Glass Clamps and Mount Post
Note: Use WD-40 if there is difficulty installing bolts.
Part 2: Cut Tubes to Size
If using Inline Desgin tube for handrail, refer to this document to cut stainless steel tubes
Part 3: Install Handrails
Part 4: Maintaining a Stainless Steel Surface
NOTE: A small amount of surface corrosion is not uncommon after a some exposure to weather or salty conditions. We recommend using our passivation solution or some sort of stainless polish to keep any surface corrosion from happening; more information available on our Engineering Specs Page.