These directions assist in the proper post placement for installation of Inline Design cable, glass, and bar systems stair posts. We recommend starting with the upper post, then moving to the lower posts, and finally placing the middle posts and adjusting them to align with the top rail.Caution: Wear protective ANSI approved safety glasses, Safety Gloves and Dust Mask while installing Stainless Steel Railing systems.
- Place the upper post of the stairs in its position as shown in approved CAD drawing or by Inline Design post placement document.
- Place the middle post of the stairs in its position as shown in the approved CAD drawing or by Inline Design post placement document.
- Place the top rail on both the middle and upper posts and calculate the angle. The angle should match the “nosing line” angle.
- Adjust the positions of the posts if needed so that the angle matches the nosing line angle.
- Place the rest of the posts according to the CAD drawings or Inline Design post placement document. Adjust the middle posts to align with the top rail.
- In the event that there is an extended rail after the stairs, make sure the top rail is horizontal before it meets the top stair post. Please refer to the CAD drawing about the placement of the top post from the nose.
- Once you have placed all the posts, refer to the proper documentation to install and secure the posts.