Installing a Pyramid Handrail Bracket
These instructions will provide step-by-step installation guidelines for installing the Stainless Steel Handrail Bracket Square Pyramid into a square tube steel post. This bracket's intended used is for our cable, glass, or bar railing system.
Caution: Wear protective ANSI approved safety glasses, working gloves and breathing mask all the times.
- JB Weld glue (found at any local hardware store)
- A piece of cloth
- Weighted rubber hammer
- Pyramid Bracket
1) Remove the top saddle of the bracket by unscrewing the bolt attach to the saddle
2) Apply JB Weld to the inside of the post
3) Align the bracket on the top of the post
4) Place a cloth over your bracket to prevent scratches from hammering
5) Pound the bracket down with weighted rubber hammer
NOTE: if the bracket doesn't align propely, you can pound it out using a 1" steel rod or wood dowel from the bottom of the post. Be careful not to hit any of the tube threading while inserting the rod. Do this over a piece of cloth so that the bracket does not get scratched when it is pounded out.
NOTE: A small amount of surface corrosion is not uncommon after a some exposure to weather or salty conditions. We recommend using our passivation solution or some sort of stainless polish to keep any surf corrosion from happening; more information available at https://inlinedesign.com/engineering_specifications.